Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions of sale are set out below. If you have any questions then this is usually a good reference but if you cannot find an answer then please do not hesitate to contact us
- All products must paid for in full before dispatch or collection.
- Cheque payments are subject to a normal clearing period.
- Cheque payments refused will be subject to a charge according to our loss of bank charges.
- All goods remain our property until payment is made in full and in cleared funds.
- Specially ordered products and purpose made products must be paid for in full before dispatch or collection. Where a part payment is agreed upon between us and yourself for specially ordered or manufactured products such part payment is not refundable. We reserve the right to pursue full payment for such items.
- All Brassware and Ironmongery products are fully guaranteed against faulty manufacture for twelve calendar months from date of sale unless otherwise stated.
- Any ‘Special Offer’, ’ Sale’, ‘Clearance items’, ‘Stock Reduction Sale’ items are sold as scrap with no warranty or guarantee.
- Double Glazed units are Conditionally guaranteed for a period of 12 calendar months from date of purchase, any double glazed unit found to be of faulty manufacture during this period will be replaced free of charge providing it has been installed using ‘Butyl’ putty or the correct type of glazing silicone. ‘Linseed’ oil based putty must not be used to install double glazed units.
- Timber Windows are Conditionally guaranteed against faulty manufacture for a period of 12 calendar months, any window or component found to be faulty during this period will be replaced free of charge providing that proper treatment and weather protection has been applied in the correct quantity to protect the timber.
- Timber Doors are Conditionally guaranteed against faulty manufacture for a period of 12 calendar months, any door or component found to be faulty during this period will be replaced free of charge providing that proper treatment and weather protection has been applied in the correct quantity to protect the timber.
- After the end of our warranty periods described above, any extended warranty given by a manufacturer, importer or import agent will be covered by them. We will advise you and provide contact details for the relevant party in order for you to resolve your query or claim. We will accept no liability for any claim after the above described warranty periods.
- Any item not paid for in full and where a balance is overdue is not guaranteed in any way whatsoever. In such circumstances neither replacement nor repair will be offered or carried out. Paying an overdue balance after a complaint is made will not reinstate a guarantee.
- Any site visit that is conducted to inspect products that have been reported as faulty which then upon our inspection are found to be the subject of abuse of some sort (for example, but not limited to, the goods being miss treated, not correctly decorated, not correctly fitted) then we reserve the right to make charges as follows: -
- Mileage at 40p per mile
- Hourly rate for an inspector to travel from our depot to the site at £40 per hour
- Administration costs at £60 per call out
- We are not able to offer ANY remedial service where you have exported goods off Mainland UK. If any faulty item is returned to us then we are able to fulfil any guarantee obligations, limited to the cost of the original item as mentioned elsewhere in these terms, but we cannot offer such services where the item(s) is(are) not in England/Scotland Mainland/Wales.
Special Offers & Discounts – Limitations
- Any special offer regarding handles applies to one pair of handles per door purchased.
- Any special offer regarding locks applies to one lock per door purchased.
- All special offers are subject to availability and subject to change without notice.
- If any particular order attracts a quantity discount, and then subsequently items are returned for credit which means the overall order would not have attracted the quantity discount, then we reserve the right to credit the goods returned making adjustment for the discount applied.
* Order 10 doors and receive a 5% discount
* Return 1 door for credit
* We credit the original cost of the door less the 5% discount received on the other 9
Made to Order items.
- In circumstances such as, but not limited to, where a made to order item, bespoke item, or standard item ordered verbally, we may send out a works order as part of our quotation and./or order confirmation process. We will be unable to proceed with the manufacture until we receive the signed copy back. Any quoted lead time is from the time we receive the works order back.
- Prior to installation all items should be stored as set out in our Storing your door page. This applies to ALL items supplied by us be them manufactured from timber, MDF, laminated or engineered product, or other construction materials.
- Moving the goods into a suitable area AFTER storage against our recommendations will not reinstate the warranty as the damage will have already been done.
- Failure to adhere to these instructions will seriously affect the durability of your goods and will void your warranty.
- Decoration must be carried out in accordance to our Decorating page. Failure to do so will void your warranty entirely. Decorating any item after failure will not reinstate the warranty as the damage to the products has already been done and we will not accept liability.
- Failure to adhere to these instructions will seriously affect the durability of your door and void your warranty.
- Doors can be reduced in size by cutting off the maximum off each edge which we show at our Modern Methods page. Where we say up to, we use this term to mean that the given measurement is the maximum that can be cut off.
- Failure to adhere to these limits will void your warranty.
eg. if we say allows for up to 8mm (0.3") (0.3") to be cut off and you cut 9mm (0.35") (0.35") off then you have voided the warranty of the door.
Decorative Glazed Doors
- Where decorative glazed doors contain a feature enclosed within a sealed glass unit, there may be some movement of the actual feature. This may cause a ‘rattling’ sound when closing and opening the door. This rattling is not considered to be a manufacturing fault.
- Double/Triple Glazed Units are manufactured by hand. This means that no 2 units will be exactly the same and small imperfections, colour differences in glass, and other minor variations are to be expected and NOT considered as faults.
- Glass is fragile. Please remember that upon delivery or collection you will be asked to sign for your goods as being received in good condition. We will not be held responsible for damages to glazing after delivery. Please check and glazing BEFORE signing for your goods.
- Any quoted delivery dates or estimated delivery lead times within our delivery service schedule are over and above the lead time for any bespoke, special order or out of stock items. The delivery lead time should be added to the special order lead time if any is given.
- While we will make every effort to deliver your goods in a timely manner we reserve the right to cancel deliveries without notice should there be adverse climatic conditions (Floods, Ice, Snow). At times of severe traffic disruption caused by bad weather we will be in touch with you as soon as the situation eases to rearrange delivery.
- Occasionally something goes wrong that we have not planned for. We will always try our very best to rectify the situation as fast as possible.
- We recommend that you do not book your installer until all goods have been received. We will not be held responsible for wasted joiners time or similar if you have booked your trades-person before receiving all items.
- We accept no liability whatsoever for damaged or missing goods should you arrange for your own carrier to collect. We obtain a signature from your carrier/courier stating that we have supplied the goods in good condition. Should any damages or loss occur in transit you will need to raise a claim with your carrier/courier.
- We reserve the right to refuse the return of correctly supplied items.
- Goods ordered by a customer either by telephone, e-mail or by our cart system that we deliver correctly according to the information given by the customer and then returned at a later date, or refused upon delivery, will be subject to an administration and restocking charge of 20% (variable at our discretion).
- Our liability shall be limited to the original purchase price of the goods & will not include any incidental costs and/or works and/or charges applied by any 3rd parties. We reserve the right to replace or repair at our option.
- Delivery charges will not be refunded under any circumstances where the customer has ordered the goods incorrectly. In such cases if exchange of goods is required we will charge again for delivery at the full rate.
- In the unlikely event that any item is faulty or damaged we will replace or repair at our option. However, you must inspect your door BEFORE starting any work on it and report to us the issue within 48 hours of delivery. We will not accept any liability should you work on the door then report a fault e.g. if you fit a door then our assumption is that you have accepted it.
- We reserve the right to adjust the credit for returned items as stated above in our ‘Discounts’ section of our terms and conditions.
- Carriage charges for goods returned in at the customers expense.
- Made to order items are not returnable as covered by Distance Selling Regulations.
Description of goods
- Where doors are described as Oak, Hardwood, Clear Pine, Ash or other, this refers to the types or species of timbers used for veneers, lippings & other components used to manufacture the doors. All out internal & most external doors are built of an engineered construction unless specifically stated that they are `Solid Timber`. A typical illustration of engineered construction methods can be seen in our Modern Methods pages. Alternative engineering methods are used by different manufacturers to create such products.
- Unless otherwise stated, where we refer to Oak or White Oak we mean mean American White Oak.
Timber, manufacturing differences, timber colours and images
- The images on our website are used to represent the style of the doors only. The colours of these images should not be taken as true reflection of the doors you would get. Many of the images of doors on our website have been stained and/or varnished before the pictures were taken.
- The doors you will be supplied with are unfinished unless otherwise stated.
- Timber is a natural product & as such is liable to varying colours. This is beyond our control and while our manufacturers & suppliers do endeavour to colour match each component within each door no guarantee what-so-ever is given that one door will be a colour match to the next door. Similar applies to individual components used to manufacture a door (and/or frame). This is an unavoidable `feature` of real timber. If you need to avoid this then we suggest you select a man-made product such as uPVC.
- Timber is a natural product & as such it is liable to varying grain detail as well as knots. This is beyond our control and IS NOT considered a defect. Moreover, we consider is a feature of timber adding to the natural beauty of the product. If you wish to avoid this then we suggest you select a man-made product such as uPVC
- Upon request we are often able to supply sample ‘off-cuts’ of timber. These are selected at random and while they will give an overall feel for the colour and texture of the timber they are not necessarily an exact match, or indeed even a close match.
- Before installing our doors you should satisfy yourself that you are happy with the colour match. Should you install the doors and then decide that you are not happy, we will not exchange any door. In other words, if you fit the door, our assumption is that you are satisfied.
- If required you are welcome to visit our warehouse and we will endeavour to select (where possible) with you, in our warehouse matching doors. But the liability is yours to ensure you are happy with all the doors.
- We are not able to guarantee that doors ordered at different times are going to be an exact match. Different batches of doors are liable to be slightly different to each other, dependent on where we source the door from. This can mean, but is not limited to, the shape of the moulding, the shape of the panels, rail position and size, and differences in grain/timber. To minimise the risk of this we suggest that you order all your doors (or other items) in 1 batch.
- As websites are vulnerable to `hackers` and other attacks we reserve the right to check all submitted enquiries for price tampering and will quote and/or charge the correct price for any item. We also reserve the right to refuse to quote and/or supply any item and/or person or persons (whether an individual or acting on behalf of other individuals or company) if we see fit.
- Most doors & windows must now meet building regulations set out in Approved Document L. Regulations vary depending on may different things but in short the big differences are for the questions: -
1. Is it a replacement or for a new dwelling?
2. Is it in a new frame or in the existing?
3. Do I have adequate insulation in my walls, roof and floor?
4. Does it form a thermal break?
- It is the responsibility of the customer (you, your builder etc.) to make sure that the products are ordered correctly to meet these regulations due to the varying number of situations specific to each installation. We will not be held responsible if you do not.
- All offers are made subject to availability of stock and quantity remaining in stock at the time of order, including, but not limited to, the exclusion of items damaged when picking/loading/transporting.
- Specifications may vary from images shown and colours are for reference only and may not actually be the colour of the finished product.
- We reserve the right to change designs, styles, sizes etc. and to add or remove any item, style size etc. or quantity without notice.
- All sizes shown are subject to a manufacturing tolerance of +/- 2mm (0.1")
- Prices are correct at time of publication & are subject to change without notice.
- All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT applicable at the rate applicable at the time. Any quotation given includes VAT at the applicable rate at the time we give the quotation. Any VAT change automatically outdates any quotation regardless of the length of time since we quoted, irrespective of any mention to the contrary on such a quotation.
- If an item is not available to the exact design shown throughout this website we reserve the right to supply the nearest alternative available.
- We, the company, have a duty of care towards our members of staff and we will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse. We reserve the right to refuse to serve you should we feel that we or our members of staff have been abused in any way.
- While we do strive to offer the best service we possibly can, we do reserve the right to refuse to offer our services or withdraw our services at any point for any reason whatsoever without any prior notification.
- Should we terminate our contract, be it verbal or written, we will not be held liable for any consequential costs and our liability shall be limited to a refund in whole or part (as determined by the scale of works we have already carried out) as determined by us.
E. & O.E. throughout. Updated September 06, 2013 15:09.