Delivery Service: In-house delivery fleet for timed, managed quality delivery of your goods.
It is important to us that a door is delivered in the same perfect condition it leaves us. To make sure of this, we don’t pass responsibility for delivery to anyone else.
When we deliver to you, we use our own vehicles, driven by our own drivers (or specialist subcontractors) who are all highly experienced in transporting doors. That way we can be sure that delivery is done to our exacting standards. Our drivers understand how to transport our products so that whether they are internal doors or external doors, oak doors or hardwood doors, frames or fittings, they arrive looking as good as they should.
Behind the scenes our despatch team works hard to effectively group deliveries together. This means that our delivery costs are as cost effective as possible. And by doing the maximum amount of order deliveries per day in an efficient way, we ensure that we have the lowest possible environmental impact.
Also to keep our environmental impact low, we don’t use large lorries. We use the more efficient V.W. Crafter vans.
All our vehicles are fitted with satellite tracking vehicle location systems and state of the art Kenwood satellite navigation systems as well as speed monitoring systems. This means our drivers don’t get lost, they stick to the speed limits, and they deliver your order when you expect them to.
We take exceptional care with your order so that everything that we deliver to you is as good as our name suggests—Distinctive Doors.
Delivery and Dispatch Services
Please take a look at our Delivery Schedule for our delivery timetable.
If we have a date pre-scheduled to your area it will be shown. If not then an indication on when your goods will be delivered is also shown.
Many other UK destinations are covered by our own transport.
If your area is not shown and you are unsure then please use the website cart and we will respond with more up-to-date information if available. Or feel free to call our friendly sales team who will be able to advise.
Deliveries outside our covered area.
- Customers outside our delivery area may wish to arrange their own courier to collect and deliver. In such cases we can offer a packaging and labelling service so your goods are ready for transport. For packing prices please enquire.
Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Customers in the Scottish Highlands & Islands may consider the services of companies such as Hebrides Haulage – 0141 954 6566. Many customers have used this carrier. In such cases we can offer a packaging and labelling service so your goods are ready for transport. For packing prices please enquire.
- Customers in Jersey may consider the services of companies such as ProFreight. In such cases we can offer a packaging and labelling service so your goods are ready for transport. For packing prices please enquire.
- Customers in Ireland have used Redhead International a number of times. We can palletise the doors and wrap for additional security.
Door Handles & Fittings. For orders of only handles & fittings we dispatch using a carrier service. For orders of both doors and handles these are sent using either carrier or our own transport as described above.
Our website will automatically calculate the carriage price.
- It is worth noting that if you require multiples of products it is financially beneficial to order them all at once as this keeps transport costs to a minimum for you.
- Deliveries will be made to ground floor only. Larger items (frames with side panels, pre-hung doors, etc.) are Curbside delivery only. Our driver will be happy to assist you in bringing such items into a secure area but he is not able to do this by himself.
- Any delivery dates or estimated delivery lead times are over and above any quoted lead times for purpose made, special order or out of stock items.
- Please note that some areas are not covered by carriers or delivery services which we use for smaller (i.e. not doors) items. Unfortunately this may mean that we are unable to fulfil your order. While every effort is made through our cart system to give such information, postcodes often change in their availability. In these circumstances we will contact you via email or telephone.